REF – SAF:CSEng – W/L
What Are We Looking For?
Saftronics is looking for a Control System Engineer to join us permanently within our Control Systems team, based in either our Warrington or Leeds office. A specialist business in the MCC and power control sector, you’ll work alongside an established team to deliver control system solutions to the water industry, including the management of asset replacements for control systems across the UK.
You’ll be in involved in the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems solutions as well as automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
- Be responsible for the appropriate planning and carrying out of intrusive surveys on live control systems. You will identify and manage the risks associated with these surveys.
- Detailed design proposals that establish the scope of work required for new build and ICA refurbishment projects.
- Work within a multi-discipline design team to develop appropriate control solutions to achieve the required functionality.
- Define the control system hardware and software requirements.
- Assist the electrical engineers with the development of robust Control Systems Architectures utilising appropriate technology in accordance with Client, WIMES and industrial standards.
- Provide specialist ICA assistance to the Engineer during the development of the Control Philosophy.
What Do You Need?
- HNC/HND Degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Have proven ability in the design and commissioning of control and electrical systems associated with process automation.
- Experience of the design process from specification through to implementation and final validation.
- Detailed experience in the development of Control Systems solutions using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and HMI/SCADA and Telemetry Systems in the process control environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interact with the Clients and colleagues regarding technical requirements.
- Be able to deliver technical solutions and to design robust solutions.
- Experienced in integration and modification into existing systems PLC control systems in a ‘live’ environment.
- Have a working knowledge of process systems, P&ID control and loop tuning.
- FAT & SAT experience with PLC & Electrical Control Systems.
- Commissioning and Start up experience of PLC, SCADA & Industrial Automation equipment.
Saftronics – Who Are We?
Saftronics are specialists in power & process control, excelling in the specification and supply of motor control centres, control panels, power distribution and process control systems across a wide range of industries.
Saftronics is part of the RSE group of companies, operating within the Power Distribution & Controls business stream. RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build & maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, RSE’s unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence.
RSE – Who Are We?
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff plays a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products.
What We Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that we are renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry.
- Industry-leading salary dependant on experience.
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go.
- A holiday allowance of 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- EV/Hybrid Car Lease Scheme
- Employee Discount Platform
- Access to our network of health professionals including Mental Health Champions and Occupational Health Nurse.
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry. If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your future, then please apply. We’re excited to take you on the journey and continue to grow as the UK water industry’s contractor of choice.