REF – SAF:PropEng
What Are We Looking For?
Our Sales team is looking to recruit a Proposal Engineer to join our business on a permanent basis to aid in the submission and award of contracts across the UK. As a specialist business in the MCC and power control sector, we are ideally placed to offer you a diverse portfolio of work to tender for as well as the opportunity to work alongside an established team to deliver control system solutions to industry.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
- Attending project start-up meetings.
- Liaison with Clients and their Professional representatives.
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback.
- Work in a collaborative and proactive manner with other members of the estimating team.
- Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works and packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications for Sub-contracted scopes.
- Pricing tenders in accordance with Framework agreed Schedules of Rates and Prices, if required comparing Bottom-up pricing versus agreed Framework Prices.
- Understanding the terms and conditions of the contract and assessing the cost for any insurance, warranties, bonds, performance penalties, etc.
- Input to project risk register and attend project risk meetings in the presence of Estimators, Planning Engineers, Design Co-ordinators and Client representatives.
- Attend tender price review meetings in the presence of the tender team with Senior Management Team.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising Client feedback on submitted tenders.
- As necessary provide supports and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
- Preparing detailed information for handover to Production Teams for successful tenders including presentation at Project Start Meetings.
What Do You Need?
- Suitably experienced in tendering and proposal submission within the Engineering and/or Construction sector.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications to allow the preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedules of Rates and other such procurement documentation.
- Ability to be able to read and understand the sequencing of projects programs or schedules.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and with Clients.
- Although predominantly office based, there is a requirement to attend out of office meetings and visit Client sites.
- IT literacy in all MS applications, in particular Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Some previous experience working with Estimating software packages would be highly advantageous.
Saftronics – Who Are We?
Saftronics are specialists in power & process control, excelling in the specification and supply of motor control centres, control panels, power distribution and process control systems across a wide range of industries.
Saftronics is part of the RSE group of companies, operating within the Power Distribution & Controls business stream. RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build & maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, RSE’s unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence.
RSE – Who Are We?
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff plays a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products.
What We Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that we are renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. You will be given every opportunity to set the path of your career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
- Industry-leading salary dependent on experience.
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go.
- A holiday allowance of 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
- EV/Hybrid Car Lease Scheme
- Discount Retail Platform
- Company Pension Scheme.
If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your future, then please apply.