Location – Leeds
What Are We Looking For?
Saftronics is looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join us permanently, working from our Leeds office, and assisting in the design and delivery of projects across the UK. As part of our wider Design team, you will take on a leading role in all aspects of projects, from scoping and detailed design through to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards, with a strong focus on low-carbon solutions.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
As part of a multi-disciplined team, some of your key duties will include:
– Meeting with clients to discuss specific intervention requirements.
– Develop, design, and customise electrical control systems and circuits to functional specifications that meet client requirements.
– Produce drawing packages including mechanical panel design and control circuitry.
– Carry out intrusive Electrical and ICA site surveys to identify the most appropriate solutions to complex problems.
– Carry out the planning and implementation of projects, being responsible for the technical design and controlling design delivery.
– Providing technical guidance on EICA matters to the wider engineering team.
– Assisting junior engineers and graduates with technical queries.
What Do You Need?
– Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
– Knowledge of British and European design standards.
– Knowledge of LV Motor Control Centres (MCCs)
– Knowledge of WIMES specifications and Water Authorities Standards and Specifications, or experience working with client-specific specifications in Oil / Gas, Logistics and material handling or Energy efficiencies/renewables
– A proven track record for a minimum of 5 years as an Electrical Engineer in both a design office and a construction environment within the Water (or related Process) industry.
Saftronics – Who Are We?
Saftronics are specialists in power & process control, excelling in the specification and supply of motor control centres, control panels, power distribution and process control systems across a wide range of industries.
Saftronics is part of the RSE group of companies, operating within the Power Distribution & Controls business stream. RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build & maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, RSE’s unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence.
RSE – Who Are We?
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery using installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market space, to ensure we’re on hand for all our client needs.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff plays a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE’s key focuses is driving servant leadership, giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their roles to further their careers.
What We Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. At RSE, you’ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
– Industry-leading salary dependant on experience.
– A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go.
– Holiday allowance of 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
– Company Pension Scheme.
– Access to our network of health professionals including Mental Health Champions and Occupational Health Nurse.
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry. If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your future, then please apply. We’re excited to take you on the journey and continue to grow as the UK water industry’s contractor of choice.